Biophysics - Origin of Life and ConsciousnessSince 2006, Arisaka’s Lab has been active in biophysics, by developing custom-made high-speed microscopes. Our ultimate goal is to understand the origin of life and consciousness in terms of fundamental physics laws.
The above diagram represents how life and consciousness have evolved and emerged in physical space-time. This is the central theme of Arisaka Lab.
Arisaka Lab's Activities in Biophysics
- Origin of Life and Consciousness => Biophysics => Collaborators, Tracking Molecules, Neurophysics
- Advanced Photon Detectors => Latest R&D, Microscopes, Photon Detector Lab
- Physics World of C. Elegans
Talks by Arisaka on Topics of High-Speed Bio-ImagingBelow is a list of recent talks by Arisaka related to ultra high-speed bio-imaging.
- Place : Seminar at Department of Electrical Engineering, UCLA
- Date : April 11, 2011
- Topic : How high-speed microscopes can reveal the origin of consciousness
- Place : Lecture at Prof. Mayank Mehta's class on neuroscience, UCLA
- Date : February 15, 2011
- Topic : Overview of advanced optical microscopes and their application to neuroscience
- Place : UCLA Department of Physics and Astronomy Colloquium [Poster]
- Date : February 4, 2010
Next Page > Collaborators