Instructions for New Members
Welcome to Arisaka-Elegans Group! To become an active member promptly, this page documents the essential introduction and instruction. Please read carefully and follow all the steps, one by one.
 Weekly Schedule and Group Meetings in Fall 2013
- Prof. Arisaka is currently in Japan, and will be back to UCLA on Oct. 23.
- Then a weekly meeting will be scheduled for the rest of fall quarter.
- Please make sure to fill out and update your weekly schedule at Group Schedule.
 Our Assistants
- Besides Prof. Arisaka, our group is coordinated by Peter and Hector. Please introduce you to them.
- We are going to have a new assistant soon to help administrative issue (like purchase orders.)
 Submitting Your Bio
- Please fill up one page of your Bio to keep a record of your information in the group.
- Download Template and modify, or take a look at an example of Katsushi Arisaka.
- Once you fill it out, please e-mail it to Rylinn. She will store it in our Google Drive.
 Location and Operation of the Labs
- Our Main Lab is located at Knudsen B-171 and Knudsen 4-162.
- Knudsen B-171 is for biological sample preparation, and for advanced imaging.
- Knudsen 4-162 is for undergrad students to perform behavior experiments under various stimulations.
- In addition, we utilize Prof. Bozovic's Lab for Physics 180G located at Knudsen A-142.
- Please make sure to keep the door locked when you leave, if you are the last person.
- If the door is closed, please ask Peter or Hector to open the door.
- Please do not take anything out, including small tools.
 Lab Safety Training
- Before you start to work in the Lab, your are required to complete the UCLA Lab Safety training.
- If you have not done so, please go to the web of UCLA Lab Safety Training.
- The one you must take is called "Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts"
- Once you complete, please report it to Peter or Hector.
Interactive Virtual Class Room
 Virtual Class Room
- Our group heavily utilizes public online tools as an interactive virtual class room.
- It is probably a good idea to get a Gmail address and become familiar with all the services by Google, if you have not done so.
 Navigating This Home Page
- Please navigate all the pages of this Arisaka-Elegans site, by clicking the tubs on the left side on this page.
- Please watch the videos posted at "Interesting Movies".
- Please download and go through "Arisaka's Lectures".
- Go to "Useful Links", and click all the links and navigate them.
 UCLA Digital Library
- To navigate original research articles, it is required to setup your computer to access UCLA Digital Library.
- This service is provided by the Proxy Server at UCLA.
- If you have not done so, please go to Bruin OnLine Proxy Server, and set it up.
 Bring Your Own Laptop
- While your are working in Arisaka Lab, you need to find all kinds of information from websites.
- Therefore it is absolutely necessary to bring your own Laptop to school all the time!
 Joining Our Own "Interactive Virtual Class Room"
- Below is our own websites for communication purpose.
- Please contact Peter/Hector and make sure that you are properly registered for the these sites.
- For information communication among us, please use Facebook Group.
- Please also post your daily activities at Facebook, at the end of your working day!
Next Page > Navigating Sites